March Empties

March Empties

March was dreary this year so I broke out the moisturizing products to breathe some life into my skin.  I had a lot of products from a particular brand so I felt it was the right time to use them because I could use them all together to see how they perform.  This is a quick style review post featuring products that I used up during the month of March.


Various Empties March

Various Empties
  • Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream (deluxe sample) - a nice light moisturizing cream which is meant for the neck, but I used it on both my face and neck with no problems.  I have been using this off and on over the last couple of months when I run out of whatever else I am using.  There is a good amount of product in this deluxe sample.
  • Fresh Rose Hydrating Gel Cream (sample) - cooling and hydrating while smelling lovely
  • Flower Beauty Zoom-in Ultimate Mascara (Intense Black) - has three adjustable settings: straight for lengthening; twisted for curling; and double-twisted for volumizing.  My preference was the second setting as it seemed to give the best results.  I feel that the third setting made it harder to get definition and I ended up with some clumping.
  • GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment Mask (deluxe sample) - this is an interesting mask because it is a mud mask with large pieces of green tea leaves in it.  It is hard to get the leaves to stick to your face and they just fall off and get everywhere.  I found that this mask left my face a bit dry and tight so a follow-up moisturizer is necessary.
  • Lorac Cobra Mascara - a uniquely curved wand gives definition and volume and is safe for contact lens wearers.  There is a slight learning curve with this brush but once you get the hang of it it's quite nice.
  • Shu Uemura Skin Purifier High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Advanced Formula (deluxe sample) - I expected more from this cleansing oil because a full-size is quite expensive.  It is just a normal cleansing oil with mineral oil as the main ingredient.  I would not buy a full size because, frankly, it is way overpriced for what it is.
  • S.W. Basics Lip Balm (cinnamon) - great for winter chapped lips and the cinnamon oil does not burn the lips


Amore Pacific Empties

Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Oil-Free Essentials Set (all deluxe sample sizes)
  • Treatment Cleansing Foam - this cleanser has beads of vitamin E in it, but they do not burst for some reason.  The cleanser is a bit drying and smells like soap.
  • Treatment Enzyme Peel - a gentle exfoliating powder that lasts forever
  • Treatment Toner Alcohol-Free Freshener - it's refreshing and primes skin for serums
  • Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel - a light gel moisturizer that is good for combination oily skin types

Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Spa Kit
  • Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Serum (deluxe sample) - a moisturizing serum
  • Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Eye Treatment Gel (deluxe sample) - this eye cream melts into skin quickly so it is good for under makeup
  • Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Creme (full size) - a thick night cream that is too rich for my skin and would give me blackheads; it would probably be better for mature skin.  I ended up passing this one on to my grandmother and I gave the deluxe sample from the other set to my mother.
  • Luminous Effect Brightening Masque (1 full size mask) - does what it says
  • This set also came with the Treatment Enzyme Peel (deluxe sample) but I did not need to use it

Amore Pacific Age Delay Treatment Set
  • Line Modifier Intensive Wrinkle Treatment (deluxe sample) - for nighttime use only.  I did not really see results from this but I suppose you would have to be using it for a longer period than this sample size allows.
  • Natural Protector SPF 30/PA+++ (deluxe sample) - a moisturizing sunscreen
  • This set also came with the Moisture Bound Rejuvenating Cream (deluxe sample) but I did not need to use it

I also used the Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Skin Energy Mist in conjunction with all of these products for a shot of extra moisture when I needed it. I purchased it separately.

Sambucus Gummies and Swisspers Cotton Rounds Empties

Extras
  • Sambucus Gummies Standardized Elderberry (60 gummies) - This was a month long supply and I feel that they helped to boost my immune system.  They taste like sugary berries with a tart aftertaste.
  • Swisspers 100% Cotton Rounds (80 count) - It took me a long time to use these up as I did not use them consistently.  I prefer cotton balls as they are softer; these have slight ridges on them and can feel scratchy sometimes.  I only used these for products that would easily get soaked up with a cotton ball and thus wasted.  These do not absorb as much product as a cotton ball.

What have you used up recently? Let me know in the comments.

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased, free samples with purchase, or a gift with purchase.

Comments

Popular Posts