GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask [Review]

GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask Review

Recently I have used two sample sizes of the GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask.  I decided I would write a review on this product because it seems to be very popular in the beauty world and I figured I would add my take on it.

GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask is a mud mask that boosts skin radiance, gives a smoother texture, and minimizes the appearance of pores.  This mask is good for those who have dull skin and large pores.

So, what's in it?

Highlights*:
  • French Sea Clay: Absorbs impurities and toxic substances, while leaving essential natural oils and minimizing pore size.
  • Volcanic Pumice Rock: Multi-level surface exfoliation that you control to clear dead skin cells, smoothing out fine lines and softening skin texture.
  • Green Tea Leaf Pieces: GLAMGLOW® groundbreaking patent pending TEAOXI™ technology delivers fresh Super-Squalene, EGCG super antioxidants, and Polypenols directly into the mud from the real pieces of tea leaf.

GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask Review

Ingredients*: Water, Montmorillonite (Volcanic Minerals), Kaolin (French Sea Clay), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Purified Clay), Polyethylene, Pumice (Micro Volcanic Rock), Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea Leaf), Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Chamomile), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Marigold), Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Hedara Helix Extract (Ivy), Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey Herb), Lavandula Hybrida Oil (Lavender), Glycerin (Vegetable), Parfum, [Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool], Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

You apply the mask and let it sit on the skin until dry (about 10 minutes.)  Then remove it with water using circular motions to exfoliate.  Recommended use is twice a week.  GlamGlow sells a Double Application Treatment Brush to give you an at-home spa experience, but you can also just use your fingers to apply.  Some people experience a tingling sensation, hence the part of the title that says "TingleExfoliate."  I personally did not experience any tingling.

On application the mask feels cooling on the skin.  After ten minutes the mud dries and tightens the skin.  The texture of the mud is thin and slightly gritty with green tea sticks and leaves in it.  The sticks and leaves are sparse which is good because I had a really hard time getting them to stick to my face.  They kept falling off and making a mess on my bathroom sink.  The scent is odd but pleasant for a mud mask;  It is sort of citrusy yet floral with a hint of green tea.


The mask does give my skin more radiance through exfoliation and my pores are slightly minimized.  However, this mask left my face feeling tight and dry which is exactly what it claims not to do.  Most mud masks leave my combination skin feeling a little tight and dry and this one was no different.  I was hoping this mask would be good for acne prone skin but no such luck.  It irritated my skin into producing new bumps by the next morning.

This mask is expensive for a mud mask.  The 1.7 oz. tub of GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask retails for $69.00 USD.  For a price comparison this mask is $38.00 per ounce, the Caudalie Purifying Mask is $15.60 per ounce, and the Bliss Multi-'Face'-Eted All-in-One Anti-Aging Clay Mask is about $20 per ounce.

Where can one purchase? Sephora, Nordstrom, Amazon

Final Thoughts - I am on the fence about this mask.  For this price I expected the product to live up to all of its claims including giving the skin radiance and minimizing pores without leaving the skin feeling tight and dry.  It did not live up to its claims and I feel like I could get better results by using a separate exfoliator and mud mask in conjunction with a moisturizer.  I'm sure I can find quality products to do all three things for less than the cost of this mask as kaolin clay is an inexpensive ingredient and there are lots of inexpensive exfoliators and moisturizers.  Therefore, I will not be purchasing a full size of the mask.

Have you used the GlamGlow Youthmud TingleExfoliate Treatment Mask?  What do you think? Let me know in the comments.


Disclaimer: This product was purchased. *Information taken from Sephora.com.

Comments

  1. I had the exact same experience as you! I love the white one but this black one caused me severe breakouts the very next morning so I stopped using it immediately! I think it's just too harsh on my acne-prone, sensitive skin. Too bad, though, since I really wanted to love it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only other one I have tried is the blue one, ThirstyMud, and I like it a lot. I need to try the white SuperMud :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts