Real Techniques Sculpting Set [Review]

Real Techniques Sculpting Set Review

Real Techniques are the brushes that I reach for the most in my collection and when I found out they had released a sculpting set I knew I had to have it.  This is a Collector's Edition meaning it features special brushes not available in the core line.

Real Techniques Sculpting Set

This set includes two new brushes and one brush from the core line in a special shiny metallic pink finish.  The brushes in this set are the Sculpting Brush, Fan Brush, and Setting Brush (from core line.)

Real Techniques Sculpting Set Box Back

The Sculpting Brush "features a wide, angled head specifically designed to help create defined contours."  You can use this brush to apply contour products such as bronzer and blush.

The Fan Brush "softly sweeps on powders & whisks away any excess makeup for an even finish."  You could also use it for a soft highlight and/or blush application.

The Setting Brush is "the key to completing any look with a controlled dusting of powder or highlighter."  I like this brush for setting powder over my under eye concealer.  This is one of my most used brushes because it is so versatile.

Real Techniques Sculpting Set Brushes

Here you can see the shiny metallic pink finish as opposed to the normal more matte finish.  The bottom of the handles are rubberized for grip.  The bristles are the normal black and white.  These brushes are synthetic and thus cruelty-free.

Real Techniques Sculpting Set Brushes and Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush & Glow Trio

I decided to test these brushes using one of my new favorites, the Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush & Go Trio in "Fair Trade Coffee."  Unfortunately this product is limited edition but I have just recently seen many displays featuring this product so you may still be able to find one if you fancy it.

Contouring with Bronzer

Here I am showing you how I contour with bronzer using way more than I normally would apply so it shows up on camera.  I follow the hollow under my cheek from about mid-cheek up into my hairline.  I apologize for my eyebrows in this picture as I sustained a rather bad sunburn recently and have not been able to groom them because of sensitivity.  I also have a lot of acne scarring that I am working on getting rid of and my foundation does not seem to be covering it enough here (ugh.)  I used the Sculpting Brush to apply the bronzer by using the flat end to get into the hollow of my cheek (normally I would blend it out but this is only to show placement.)

Contouring with Highlighter

Here I am showing how I apply highlighter, again using more than I normally would so it will show on camera.  I apply it in a sideways v from the end of my eyebrow to my temple and then back across the top of my cheekbone.  I used the Setting Brush to apply the highlighter by tapping it onto the area (normally I would blend it out but this is only to show placement.)

Contouring with Blush

Lastly I applied a lot of blush just below the cheekbone from mid-cheek up into the hairline, slightly overlapping it over the highlighter and bronzer.  I used the side of the Sculpting Brush to apply the blush.  Normally, I would use the flat end of the brush to blend everything out but I am just showing placement here.

So far I really like these brushes and will probably get a lot of use out of them. I hope you enjoyed my easy everyday contouring even though my face looks like a trainwreck here.

What do you think of the Real Techniques Sculpting Set? Let me know in the comments.

Disclaimer: All items featured in this post were purchased.

Comments

Popular Posts