Cleaning House


It's that time of year when I set aside some time to check in with my New Year's goals and re-evaluate them.

Some of my New Year's goals were:
    Exercise more often (obviously)
    Purchase organizers for makeup, jewelry, and nail polish
    Use up sample products
    Find a skin and hair care routine that works
    Read books that have been sitting around for years
    Finish art projects
    Start blog

So far I have stuck to my goals as best I can. I have obviously already started blogging. Back in January I started doing Yoga for exercise and stress relief. I used Christmas money to purchase a jewelry armoire, a storage unit for my makeup collection, and a nail rack for my nail polish. I have been slowly reading through my book collection and working on unfinished art projects. I have also slowly begun working through my massive sample collection as you can see from the picture above.

There is a method to the madness; I have organized the samples, with some help from the Bean, into categories: skin care (face, eyes, lips), hair products (cleaning, moisturizing, styling), cosmetics (makeup, primer), body products (soap, scrubs, lotions, deodorants), fragrance (perfume, home, candles), hands (lotions, oils, nail polish), feet (scrubs, soaks, lotions), teeth (cleaning, whitening), foods.

I will be reviewing most of the samples on the blog. Once I have worked through all of these samples hopefully I will find some products that I would like to use long-term which would accomplish my goal of finding a skin and hair routine that works well for me.

Since it's almost summer, now is also a good time to do some spring cleaning tasks that I have been meaning to do.
    Flip the mattress
    Clean the mattress pad
    Vacuum under the bed
    Dust
    Clean winter shoes and pack them away
    Re-organize my closet so that my spring/summer clothes are more accessible

***Updated: Things I forgot to add***
    Recycle old magazines
    Take donations box to goodwill

Comments

Popular Posts