Julep Emerald Accents

julep nail polish, julep maven, julep emerald accents

Julep has created a set celebrating Pantone's 2013 color of the year emerald, that includes two polishes and a necklace.


This is a post I have been meaning to do for a while now since I have a backlog of Julep products.  I am a Julep Maven which means I get a monthly box from Julep at a discounted price plus lots of other exclusive goodies.

Angelina - It Girl is an "emerald green with silver shimmer frost."

Esmeralda - Bombshell is a "jeweled emerald multi-dimensional glitter."

Emerald Druzy Statement Necklace - "Lively, radiant, and universally flattering. Emerald is the perfect color to be worn by all one season to the next. Embody the electrifying power of Emerald with this bright emerald druzy statement necklace."

The necklace looks sort of cheap but it's pretty solid.  It looks quite nice on and I have gotten many compliments on it.  Mostly people ask me about the stones. The stones in the necklace are called Druse or Druzy which is "a crystal-covered rock." These look like something I used to make as a kid with a crystal growing science kit.  If you have kids look into one of those because they are pretty cool.  For more information about Druse/Druzy read more here.

julep nail polish, julep maven, julep emerald accents swatch

On the left is a swatch of Esmeralda which has fine glitter and larger hexagonal glitter pieces in a clear base.  This polish is mostly meant for layering over Angelina but I imagine it would look lovely over a black base. I used two coats here, but you could keep layering for more coverage.  Julep's glitter polishes are excellent for layering to almost full coverage. The one thing that I don't like about Julep's glitter polishes is that they are a major pain to remove because of the larger hexagonal pieces. They stick to my nails like they are glued on with superglue.  I have to use pure Acetone remover and they still require a lot of scrubbing.

On the right is a swatch of Angelina which is supposed to be emerald but it leans slightly more teal green to me.  The silver shimmer blends invisibly into the color making it appear to glow from within. It's a lovely color that looks very chic just like Angelina herself.

You can purchase this set at www.julep.com.

Comments

Popular Posts