Sephora Exclusive: Julep Rock Candies

julep rock candy, julep rock candy nail glaze, julep sephora
Now that I have explored Julep's textured polishes it's time to play with their jelly polishes. The second set of polishes I picked up on sale at Sephora are Julep's Rock Candy Nail Glazes.

This set includes:
  • Wendy - Bombshell: "barely there watermelon"
  • Carol - Boho Glam: "barely there coral"
  • Angelica - Boho Glam: "barely there mint"
  • Marie - American Beauty: "barely there lavender"


  • Julep recently released a collection called The Brights that included a Rock Candy polish called Candy which is a darker purple than Marie. I included it in the swatches to see how it compares.

     julep rock candy, julep wendy, julep carol, julep angelica, julep marie, julep candy
    julep rock candy, julep rock candy swatches
    This photo is to show how sheer these polishes are.  As you can see the mint barely shows up and would probably look clear on an actual nail.  Each polish swatch is three coats.

    The only other jelly polish I have tried are those from the L'Oreal Paris Miss Candy Collection which is a similar theme with similar colors.  Julep's polish is better quality by far as these are not streaky at all.  They are advertised as being barely there which is a good description as I don't think these will show up much on the nail but I suppose that's the point; They are supposed to be sheer.  I was most impressed with the two purple colors because purple is a notoriously hard color to get right.  I decided to go with three coats to see how opaque I could make these, but there really wasn't that much difference between two and three coats so it's up to the user's preference.

    Overall, I really like these and I hope that Julep adds more colors in the future.

    You can purchase this set at Sephora.com

    Comments

    Popular Posts