L'Oreal Paris Sheer Protect Sunscreen Oil

l'oreal paris sublime sun, l'oreal paris sunscreen, l'oreal paris sunscreen oil, l'oreal paris sheer protect sunscreen oil

Over the years it has been generally accepted that you are not supposed to use tanning oils or anything on your skin that will amplify burning.  So when L'Oreal Paris came out with a sunscreen oil it caught my attention.

Products description*:"The first High SPF protection oil. Protect skin from UVA/UVB rays with Sublime Sun Sheer Protect SPF 50 Sunscreen Oil. This innovative, high performance sun protection oil is powered by an exclusive patented UV filtering system to deliver long-lasting broad-spectrum protection in a unique, lightweight non-greasy spray. It’s also infused with powerful antioxidants like vitamin E and white grape seed that enhance the benefits of sunscreen to help keep skin healthy and youthful-looking. This innovative oil protection spray glides effortlessly onto skin, leaving skin feeling nourished and moisturized."

Claims*:
  • Non-greasy, non-sticky 
  • Transparent, mess-free protection 
  • Ultra water and sweat resistant (80 minutes) 
  • Dermatologist tested 
  • Non-Greasy Fast-Absorbing 
  • Dry Finish 
  • Made in USA
Ingredients*: 

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (15%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%), Oxybenzone (6%)  - All sunscreens

Inactive Ingredients: Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Fragrance, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral

*Information taken from drugstore.com

I was able to test this product twice under different circumstances.
The first time was at a potluck dinner at the park. It was sunny and warm with the temperature being around 85 degrees. Luckily, I was in the shade for the majority of time spent there. I sprayed an even layer over both arms, shoulders, back of the neck, and decollete. I then sprayed it onto my hands first before spreading it on my face as per the instructions. I experienced mild sunburn on the tops of my shoulders and my face, especially my forehead. I would say that you need at least two coats of this product to work effectively. Unfortunately, I was very tired when I got home so I fell asleep without taking a shower and paid the price: Acne.

The second time I was swimming at the pool. It was very sunny and very warm with the temperature being around 100 degrees. I used two coats all over my body, except for my face where I used a different product because the first time I used this it caused me to break out on both my face and body. Make sure to shower after using this product. The product claims to be waterproof for 80 minutes; I was actually swimming in the pool for about 30 minutes before lounging in the sun for another couple of hours. I did not experience any burning this time and I made sure to wash everything off when I got home.

Overall, I was very surprised by this product and how well it worked for being an oil. I have a feeling this product was released in response to the popularity of using oils as skincare. If used properly this works for sun protection. However, it claims to be non-oily and fast absorption. It was very oily and took at least 30 minutes to absorb into the skin. Once absorbed it gives skin a shiny glow which enhances the look of a tan if you have one. Would I purchase this again? Probably not but just because it caused me to break out. If you are looking for something different and you don't have oily, acne prone skin you could give this a try.

This product is 5 Fl. Oz. and retails for $10.99.

You can purchase this product at drugstore.com

Comments

Popular Posts