Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40

shiseido sunscreen, shiseido urban environment sunscreen, shiseido urban environment uv protection cream, shiseido spf 40, shiseido face and body sunscreen
Now that the summer season is upon us it's time to step up the sunscreen routine. My pick for this summer is Shiseido's new sunscreen for face and body.

Shiseido Website Description: "A feather-light daily sunscreen with UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Protection. Provides exceptional hydration while protecting against external aggressors such as UV rays, dryness and air pollution for beautiful, healthy-looking skin. Exceptionally powerful formula effectively protects skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays that cause photo-aging. Hydro-Restoring Complex contains moisturizing amino acids that naturally exist in skin. Provides long-lasting moisture for skin that is smooth to the touch. Scutellaria Baicalensis helps prevent UV damage to essential fibroblasts which produce collagen and elastin, the key elements to resilient, youthful-looking skin. (in vitro) Rose Apple Leaf Extract counteracts oxidation, the process which accelerates skin aging, and helps prevent DNA damage caused by UV rays. (in vitro) Invisible on skin. Can be used as a makeup base for a beautiful foundation finish. Easily removes with daily cleanser."

Package Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 2.9%, Octocryline 3.0%, Zinc Oxide 10.6% - All sunscreens

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40-B, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Glycerine, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Xylitol, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG/PPG-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Thiotaurine, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Arginine HCI, Onosis Spinosa Root Extract, Ectoin, Sodium PCA, Hydrogented Polydecene, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Isostearic Acid, Benzophenone-3, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylysilane, BHT, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide.

shiseido sunscreen, shiseido urban environment sunscreen, shiseido urban environment uv protection cream, shiseido spf 40, shiseido face and body sunscreen

I had the opportunity to test this twice so far during two different types of activities. The first time I wore this on a weekend where I was running a ton of errands, so I was both inside and outside most of the day. It was hot that day and this withstood perspiration well without melting into my eyes. I used one coat of sunscreen on all my exposed areas and did not reapply during the day. I experienced some mild burning on my upper shoulders and neck and also on my forehead.

The second time I used this, I spent the day swimming at the pool during a very hot weekend. This product is water resistant for up to 40 minutes. I only used this on my face because I was testing a different sunscreen at the same time. I used two thin coats of this on my face under some waterproof makeup that I was testing. It did well as a makeup base because it's so feather light. This withstood perpiration and chlorinated water and did not melt into my eyes during the day. I did not reapply during the day and did not experience any sun burn on my face.

Since there is so much Zinc Oxide in this product it does leave white film on the face that needs to be blended before it disappears. Other than that this is an excellent sunscreen for those with oily/acne prone skin. It's feather light so once it's on you don't feel it. It is effective at keeping the skin from burning during if used properly. A big plus in my book is that it works as a makeup base and does not make me break out. The only con is that there is not very much product here as compared with the Ultimate Shiseido sunscreen that came in the blue bottle. The Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 50 contains 3.3 oz. of product for $39 and is water resistant for 80 minutes. This product contains 1.9 oz. of product for retails $30. Because this is a pricey product and not a lot of it, I think I will reserve this for just my face.

You can purchase this product at Sephora

Comments

Popular Posts