Trader Joe's unscented deodorant with cotton

trader joe's unscented deodorant

I am always on the lookout for a good natural deodorant, so when I came across this one at Trader Joe's I decided to give it a whirl.

Package Description: "Trader Joe's Unscented Deodorant contains cotton fibers to help fight wetness by absorbing moisture. With a smooth, soft glide, the rounded top will deliver conditioning herbal extracts to help smooth skin. Our formula is paraben and aluminum free."

Ingredients: "Propylene glycol, water, stearic acid, steareith-20, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide, triethanolamine, gossypium herbaceum (cotton), ehtylhexylglycerin, usnea barbata (lichen) extract, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), aloe barbadensis leaf, symphytum officinale (comfrey), lavandula angustifolia (lavender) and salix alba (willow) bark extracts, bisabolol, cetyl alcohol, tetrasodium EDTA, retinyl (vitamin A) palmitate and tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E)."

First, this is a deodorant and not an antiperspirant deodorant like the normal drugstore kind. The antiperspirant ingredient in most deodorants is aluminum which clogs the lymph nodes so you perspire less under your armpits and thus less sweat equals less odor coupled with a deodorant or scent to keep you from smelling bodily odors. That being said I have never found a natural deodorant that has worked to my satisfaction. I understand that you will sweat more with natural deodorants but I at least don't want to smell it or heaven forbid OTHER PEOPLE smell it. Yuck!

This deodorant did not do a very good job of keeping the bodily odor smells at bay. It only seemed to last only a couple of hours before the I could smell myself so into the trash bin this goes (the packaging is not recyclable.) Luckily, this was very inexpensive.

This was a full size product at 2 oz.

Comments

  1. Even though this one stinks as a deodorant (Stinks! Get it???), I've found that if your underarm is really irritated from shaving, it acts as a good moisturizer. I had that problem a little while ago where my skin was reacting negatively to everything and this was the only product I could use to calm it down so I could go back to my normal deodorant. But you're totally right about the deodorizing power--I would not wear it on a date or to work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts