Burt's Bees 100% Natural Lip Gloss

burt's bees 100 natural lip gloss ocean sunrise sunny day

I love me some Burt's Bees products, so when they introduced a new lip gloss I was all over that.

I purchased two colors with summery sounding names like Ocean Sunrise and Sunny Day which made me want to wear them at the beach. Burt's Bees claims that "rich, pearlized color combines with natural oils rich in nutrients to leave your lips soft, shiny and 100% naturally beautiful." I would agree that they are pearlized, almost frosty. However, these were not moisturizing at all which is unusual for a Burt's Bees product. I kept layering them on hoping to feel some sort of moisture, but nothing. Also, because they are frosty they accentuate the chappedness of my chapped lips as you can see in the photos below. I apologize for how gross my lips look, but I really wanted to get this post over and done with.

burt's bees 100 natural lip gloss ocean sunrise sunny day

The tubes have a sticker that just peels off, taking the product information with it. I would have rather had the type the breaks when you twist it so that I get to keep the product info and I know if it has been used or not. I purchased these at Walgreens where they come loose like this. I have also seen them at Wal-mart in single packages with the plastic over them in front and the cardboard backing.

burt's bees 100 natural lip gloss ocean sunrise

Ocean Sunrise is a pearly baby pink color that is quite frosty actually. You can see the silver shimmer in it. The gloss is not thick, but the consistency is ... I don't really know how to describe it.  Stiff? The application is not smooth so you kind of have to dab it on the lips and then move it around with the doe foot applicator. I also really had to layer it on to see the color. This is what it looks like under my daylight lamp so it might look better outside in full sunlight.

burt's bees 100 natural lip gloss sunny day

Sunny Day has gold shimmer running through it which is about the only difference I can see on my lips between it and Ocean Sunrise, despite them being obviously different colors in the tubes. Perhaps they just lack pigment. The application was the same as with Ocean Sunrise.

I really wanted to like these, but I can't in all honesty recommend them.  At $9 retail they are not cheap enough to forgive the terrible texture and pigmentation.  I ended up passing these along to my Mom who wanted them anyway. Burt's Bees also has another style of lip gloss that I have yet to try so hopefully those will be better.  I really like their Lip Shimmers and Lip Balms so check those out if you are in the market for a Burt's Bees lip product.

You can find out more about these products at burtsbees.com.

Comments

  1. Too bad. I would have loved a natural product for my lips that worked well. I look forward to your reviews of the other lip gloss. I like the lip balms as well. I'll take a look at the lip shimmers in the meantime. What do you think of those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the lip shimmers better than the lip glosses. They are more moisturizing and last for a pretty decent amount of time. I have the shade Rhubarb and it leaves a nice stain behind as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts