Clarins Splendours Summer Collection

clarins splendours summer bronzing compact, clarins sun makeup, clarins summer bronzer

This is a collection I have had since May when it first released in the US. I have not yet gotten a chance to use most of it, but I would like to show it anyway. Get ready for a picture heavy post.

First up is the Summer Bronzing Compact which is absolutely stunning in person. I couldn't quite capture the way the light shines through the plastic containers making them appear to glow from within.

clarins splendours summer bronzing compact, clarins sun makeup, clarins summer bronzer

clarins splendours summer bronzing compact, clarins sun makeup, clarins summer bronzer

clarins splendours summer bronzing compact, clarins sun makeup, clarins summer bronzer

The designs in this collection are reminiscent of hieroglyphics or Aztec symbols. Clarins claims that this bronzer "instantly warms the skin with natural-looking, sun-kissed color" and "the harmony of shades complements most skin tones." From the pictures and reviews I have seen online it does just that. I have also read that when you blend all the colors together the resulting shade is a pink bronze as opposed to a yellow or orange bronze if that makes sense.

clarins splendours colour  quartet & liner palette, clarins summer eye palette

clarins splendours colour  quartet & liner palette, clarins summer eye palette

clarins splendours colour  quartet & liner palette, clarins summer eye palette

Next is the Colours Quartet & Liner Eye Palette that comes with four shades to "beautifully highlight eyes" and a liner shade that looks black in the pan but is described as "plum." This is a small palette but very luxe plus it comes with a tutorial card that features two different looks you can make with this palette.  I WANT to wear this, like, now but I'm afraid of ruining the designs. Oh well, it's gonna happen sooner or later.

clarins instant light natural lip perfector 04 petal shimmer, clarins instant smooth crystal lip gel 02 crystal plum, clarins splendours summer

The Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector is supposed to repair and protect, perfecting lips over time. It is a soft smooth lip gloss that is moisturizing and feels good on the lips. The baby pink color reminds me of a L'Oreal Paris Le Gloss that I have but the texture and wear of this are far superior; It isn't thick and globby and doesn't settle into lip lines.

The Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Gel is a sheer smooth lip gloss that is moisturizing and makes lips look fuller.  The color is actually a tad bit darker and more vibrant than what you see in the picture;  It's a nice juicy blackberry color.


Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 04 Petal Shimmer


Clarins Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Gel in 02 Crystal Plum

Ha, looking at these macro shots of my lips I realized that I have freckles on them. Never knew that before now. Interesting.  I also apologize for how yucky and chapped they are right now;  Just when I think they are okay they get gross again.

clarins instant smooth crystal lip balm 07 crystal gold plum, clarins splendours summer

The Instant Smooth Crystal Lip Balm is one of those lip color within a gel type of lipsticks. It delivers color without being drying because it's both a lipstick and a balm. The application is a little tricky because of this. It takes some getting used to. I forgot to swatch this one but I can tell you the color is exactly what is described, a golden bronzy light plum color. It will look great with a tan and transition nicely into the fall.

clarins samples

Here are some samples that Clarins sent with my order. I will probably test them out at some point.

You can purchase these items on clarinsusa.com.

Comments

Popular Posts