Fourth of July Fashion

Image from Scienceblogs.com

What a busy week it's been getting ready for and celebrating America's birthday. Here is an idea for an outfit that I will be wearing on the Fourth.

All items are from Express (They are having a great sale right now of buy 1, get 1 half off select items and the summer clearance sale):
  • Lace Back Graphic Tank - Flag $39.90
  • Best Loved Bra Cami - Mars Red $19.90
  • 4 Inch White Frayed Cuff Denim Shorts $49.90

express clothing, fourth of july outfits, express black flag shirt

express clothing, fourth of july outfits, express black flag shirt

I saw the shirt styled like this on a mannequin in store and thought it was really cute this way.

express clothing, fourth of july outfits, express black flag shirt

Here is the shirt as normal. There are black sequins down the flag stripes and it has a full lace back so you will probably want something underneath it or if you are comfortable letting it all hang out more power to you.

toms shoes, target scarf, mossimo blue and white stars scarf

I will be wearing my dirty old red Tom's because I will be running around cooking, visiting, and will probably make my way to the beach at some point to see the fireworks. They kind of add to the casual distressed feel of this look so it works. I also found this scarf at Target which fits in nicely as my blue piece and will help keep me warm at night on the beach.
  • Tom's Shoes Women's Classics - Red Canvas
  • Mossimo-Supply-Co. Star Infinity Scarf -Blue

Fun fact: Do you know what a black and white flag is used for? "The men and women of American military services who have served their country over seas wear a black and white American flag (which also show American struggle) most typically on their right shoulder." (Wiki.Answers.com) I did not know this prior to buying this shirt as I have never been in the military but it's something to keep in mind.

Have fun and be safe this Fourth of July!

Comments

Popular Posts