How I Store My Makeup Brushes

makeup brush storage, makeup brush organization

Keeping your makeup brushes organized can sometimes be chaotic. Here I will show you how I store and organize my brushes.

I used to store my brushes on my vanity in glass vases filled with rice to keep them upright. Because my vanity sits in front of a window, my brushes were in the sunlight for most of the day. If you saw my last post about brush cleaning you will know that I have quite a few brushes and most of them are not used on a daily basis. The brushes that are not used are sitting in their vases collecting dust and getting dried out in the sunlight. Using dirty brushes to apply makeup is a major no no, so I got to thinking that there had to be a better way to store them so that they won't get ruined before I even use them.

After doing some research online I found the best way for me to store my brushes is in a drawer where they are protected from sunlight and dust. I use a kitchen utensil organizer to separate them by type: Eye liners and smudgers, eyeshadow and crease brushes, concealer and foundation brushes, powder and blending brushes. I keep my nail art brushes in the front along with my lip brushes and lash and brow comb. My bronzer and kabuki brushes sit in the front of the drawer along with my eyelash curlers. I also keep my fan brush there so it doesn't get bent out of shape.

I use one of the old glass vases for dirty brushes that need cleaning. It sits on top of the drawer unit.

This may not be the prettiest way to store makeup brushes but it works by keeping them clean and organized. Plus, now there's more space on my vanity.

Comments

  1. What a great idea! I might have to do the same, as my own vanity drawer is pretty disastrous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts