Julep Maven July Unboxing

julep maven july 2013, julep california coast collection

Just in time for the Fourth of July is Julep's California Coast Collection full of shades inspired by sun, sand, and surf. Being a California girl, I was quite excited for this collection.


julep maven july 2013, julep california coast collection

The collection includes:
  • Karen - Boho Glam: "Peach Bellini frost"
  • Faye - Boho Glam: "Liquid bronze shimmer"
  • Angela - It Girl: "Deep sea blue molten"
  • Tracy - It Girl: "Sparkly ocean blue sea salt (add top coat for a high-shine finish)"
  • Nadia - It Girl: "Sun-kissed golden frost"
  • Joanna - Bombshell: "Lilac frost"
  • Adele - Bombshell: "Golden reflective top coat"
  • Blakely - Bombshell: "Purple and green molten"
  • Cassie - Classic with a Twist: "Soft coral sheer"
  • Alaina - Classic with a Twist: "Driftwood taupe crème"
  • Fireworks - Classic with a Twist: "Red, white and blue multi-dimensional glitter top coat"


julep green tea facial blotting papers, julep blotting paper

This months extra was blotting papers. They are a good size at about 4x4" and have a nice sweet herbal scent to them.

julep sea salt texture spray, julep beach tonic dry body oil

After the fiasco with last months DD Creams, Julep is back with two new products for hair and body. There were a lot of mixed feelings when these products were announced so hopefully they will live up to their claims or at least be decent products.  Julep needs a win.

julep sea salt texture spray, julep beach tonic oil packaging

Isn't the packaging cute? I thought this was a nice touch.

julep sea salt texture spray, julep beach tonic dry body oil

So first I quickly tried the Beach Tonic Dry Body Oil; You are supposed to apply it on damp skin after bath or shower to lock in moisture. I spritzed some water on my leg to simulate after shower and then sprayed the oil on. It is a very fine mist of oil but I would make sure to do this over a towel so it doesn't stick to the floor and make it slippery. It has a nice light sweet scent to it. I rubbed it in which did not take much work. It left my leg feeling nice and soft. This is my first time using a spray on body oil so I have nothing to compare it to, but I like it. I haven't had a chance to try the Sea Salt Texture Spray yet as I am writing this at night, but I did spritz it onto my hand to feel the consistency. It feels similar to hairspray but not sticky at all. There is a very very light scent that I can't put my finger on; It could just be the ingredients. You are supposed to apply this to damp hair for textured beach waves.

julep july 2013, julep california coast swatches, julep nail polish swatches

Here is the collection swatched with two coats each

All of the colors from this collection are beautiful and applied perfectly. When I first saw the preview for this collection I thought that the color Angela was going to be too similar to Angelina but they are different. Angela has a dark blue or black base with teal shimmer while Angelina has an emerald base with silver shimmer. I was most excited for Blakely which is the color of a black Tahitian pearl and it is quite lovely and hard to photograph. You have to see this color in the sun to see it's full beauty. However, the color that immediately caught my attention when I opened the box was Tracy, the blue sea salt texture polish. It is gorgeous in person and I can't wait to wear it.

julep karen, julep faye, julep nadia, julep angela

From left to right: Karen, Faye, Nadia, Angela

julep tracy, julep joanna, julep blakely, julep adele

Tracy, Joanna, Blakely, Adele

julep aliana, julep cassie, julep fireworks, julep america

Alaina, Cassie, Fireworks

julep fireworks, julep america

Here is Fireworks next to last year's America for comparison

julep faye with adele

This is Faye topped with Adele

One other thing to note about this month's maven box it that Julep has now started shipping the add-ons with the main boxes which makes me happy because it saves paper and shipping and I dont' have to wait for each box to come. Yay for Julep listening to it's customers!

You can purchase this collection at Julep.com

Comments

Popular Posts