Marc Jacobs Beauty Preview Pieces

marc jacobs beauty

Sephora recently released some preview items from the new Marc Jacobs Beauty line during a 48-hour sales event. I was able to purchase a few items before the official release.  Get ready for a picture heavy post.

The packaging is simple but chic; Exactly what I would expect from Marc Jacobs. The glossy black with shiny lettering echo the metal plate that adorns his accessories.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.7

The eye shadow palettes come in these black sleeves that snap shut. I'm not sure what the fabric is but it's light like nylon.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.7 plush eyeshadow palette

First is the Style Eye-Con No. 7 Eye Shadow Palette, called No. 7 because there are 7 eye shadows in it. The case is glossy and black and has a snap in the front which reminds me of an old fashioned coin purse but is easy to open.  The case is definitely unique in shape and style.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.7 plush eyeshadow palette 204 the starlet, marc jacobs large eye palette

The eye shadows inside are protected by a quality piece of black plastic.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.7 plush eyeshadow palette 204 the starlet, marc jacobs beauty large eye palette

I purchased The Starlet palette which I felt was more versatile than the other purple one.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.7 plush eyeshadow palette 204 the starlet, marc jacobs beauty swatches

The eye shadows are soft and buttery and pigmented. The Starlet palette contains metallic and neutral shades.

Left to right: Taupe, Beige, Dark Bronze, Copper, Gold, Silver, Pewter

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.3 plush eyeshadow palette, marc jacobs beauty small eye palette

Next is the Style Eye-Con No. 3 Palette, again, because there are three eye shadows. It has the same packaging design as the larger No. 7 Palette but it comes with a little sponge applicator.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.3 plush eyeshadow palette 112 the mod, marc jacobs beauty small eye palette

It also contains a piece of black plastic bearing the brand name to protect the shadows.

marc jacobs beauty style eye-con no.3 plush eyeshadow palette 112 the mod, marc jacobs beauty small eye palette

I purchased The Mod palette because I love mod styles. I am not sure what happened to my swatch picture for this palette. I think I accidentally deleted some pictures somehow because I am also missing my pictures of the liquid eyeliner.

Anyway, these eye shadows are fabulous just like the ones in the larger palette. The white is matte and slightly off-white, almost a very light grey. The black is glittery and very pretty. The taupe in this one is different from the taupe in the other palette because it leans more purple which I like.

From left to right: white, black, taupe

marc jacobs beauty lust for lacquer lip vinyl 312 lust for life, marc jacobs beauty lip gloss

The Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl is kind of a mystery because the description makes it sound like a liquid lipstick but I'm pretty sure it's just a lip gloss. The packaging is luxe and sturdy.  It has a doe foot applicator which is flat on both sides which made application not as precise as I would like.  I wish it had an angled doe foot applicator instead.

marc jacobs beauty lust for lacquer lip vinyl 312 lust for life, marc jacobs beauty raspberry lip gloss

I purchased the color Lust for Life which is described as raspberry. I think that's an accurate description for this color. It's a bit deeper in real life than in the picture but it's absolutely gorgeous and moisturizing. It's like shiny berry juice. I can already tell this is going to be my fall go-to lip color.

marc jacobs beauty magic marc'er precision pen eyeliner 10 blacquer, marc jacobs beauty liquid liner pen

The Magic Marc'er in Blacquer is a liquid eyeliner that is easy to use for both precision lines and thicker lines. The color is consistent and you really only need one pass to get that precise black line. Removal was easy with my face wipes; I don't think that it would come off with just a face wash alone.

marc jacobs beauty lip lock moisture balm 10 makeout, marc jacobs beauty lip balm

Lastly is the Lip Lock Moisture Balm which contains SPF 18. This is incredibly moisturizing; When I tried it for the very first time my lips immediately felt better and later that night when I looked in the mirror my lips looked better. I cannot recommend this enough because this product is awesome!

marc jacobs beauty lip lock moisture balm 10 makeout, marc jacobs beauty lip balm

I purchased the shade Makeout which is clear; I hope that they release more shades of this because I would buy them all. The texture feels petroleumy and greasy at first but it melts into lips fast and leaves lips feeling buttery smooth. This has replaced my Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment as my new fave lip balm.

So far Marc Jacobs has released a really nice collection and I can't wait to get my hands on more items. I have been eyeing a lipstick named after Gwyneth Paltrow's character, Margot, in the Royal Tenenbaums.

The full collection releases on August 9, 2013 at sephora.com.

Comments

Popular Posts