Weekly Sample Selections #2

shiseido bio-performance super corrective serum

Welcome back for the next round of samples.

First up we have the Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Corrective Serum which is an anti-aging product that is supposed to counteract the signs of aging by boosting the skin's ability to produce collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. Shiseido claims that you will see results after only 1 use and this sample was enough for just that.

I applied the serum after washing my face and left it on overnight. The texture is somewhat creamy but not thick. In the morning I did feel that my skin looked a little bit more radiant but it's hard to tell if that was because of the serum or the fact that I got a good nights sleep. I don't have any wrinkles so I can't vouch for how well it works on them.

You can find out more about this product at Sephora.com.

mario badescu skin care acne facial cleanser

Next we have the Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser which is a gentle gel formula cleanser. I was able to use this for about two weeks during which it kept my face pretty clear of acne. It did not leave my skin feeling tight or dry. Many acne products are drying because they use the theory that acne is caused by having oily skin which is only part of the problem; The rest is bacteria, stress, hormones, genetics, etc. Anyway it's good to use a gentle cleanser for acne so you are not making it worse and this is a good one to use.

One thing that was kind of odd about this product is that one time while washing my face I got a little bit of it in my mouth and I noticed that it has a distinctly sweet sugar taste to it. Weird right? Looking at the ingredients I can not tell what is making this taste like sugar syrup. After saying this please don't get the idea that you can eat it; Don't do it just don't!

You can find out more about this product at mariobadescu.com.

juice beauty green apple spf 15 moisturizer

I like the idea of a moisturizer with SPF in it, but for sensitive acne-prone skin this can be a precarious skin care combination. The Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer claims to use natural ingredients to hydrate and protect the skin on your face. Sounds great right? Unfortunately, this product made me break out like crazy and I have a feeling it was due to the SPF ingredients. My skin has a very low tolerance for sunscreens. I usually try to use the ones made for sensitive skin or acne-prone skin. This moisturizer is very thick and I could feel it on my face throughout the day;  I felt like it was making my skin more oily/shiny which is not good.

You can find out more about this product at juicebeauty.com.

nume hydro punch hydrating conditioner

At first I was a bit wary of the NUME Hydro-Punch Hydrating Conditioner because even though my hair is chemically treated (I have a full head of highlights), my scalp is oily so I don't necessarily need a conditioner that is extra hydrating (read thick oils that stick to hair and weigh it down.) I was pleasantly surprised to find that this conditioner is both hydrating for my hair AND light enough to not weigh it down making me lose volume. I can also use this on my hair and be able to use styling products without too much buildup. Plus, I took this on a vacation with me and also found I can use it as a shaving cream for my legs in a pinch.

You can find out more about this product at numeproducts.com.

benefit it's potent brightening eye cream to fade dark circles, it's potent eye benefit cream

Of all the eye creams I have used, none have worked as well on my dark circles as the Benefit It's Potent Brightening Eye Cream.  This stuff works!

benefit it's potent brightening eye cream to fade dark circles, it's potent eye benefit cream

It has a thick creamy texture but you don't need to apply a lot of it; A little goes a long way. I simply pat it on the area under my eyes and around the orbital bone using my ring finger because it uses the least amount of pressure (you want to be gentle with your eye area so don't rub it on.)  Don't put it on your lids and keep it away from the outer eye (crow's feet area.) I say this because it burns if you put it on these more sensitive areas. It was fine under my eyes though. The next morning I wake up with perky looking peepers even after late night deadlines and all-night parties. Just got in at 5 A.M.? No problem, just apply this and after three hours of sleep you look like you got at least six hours of sleep ha ha.

You can find out more about this product at benefitcosmetics.com.

Comments

Popular Posts