Where's my Mustache?

avon skin so soft facial hair remover cream, avon facial hair remover cream, facial hair remover cream, cream depilatories

So I had grown this really awesome luxuriously thick and dark mustache, you know like the kind you see on Whisker Wars, and one day I woke up and it was gone?! To my surprise my brother had snuck in while I was sleeping and sabotaged my dreams of being a competitor (sob) by using a depilatory to remove it!

Just Kidding LOL!

As we get older hormones cause our facial hair to get coarser so it appears darker and thicker.  So I was starting to notice a little bit of a ministache starting at the corners of my mouth one day and suffered immediate shock and horror; That's not supposed to be there!  Society dictates that as women this is unacceptable, so my search for a way to remove these unsightly hairs began.

My first thought was to have them waxed. This was somewhat painful and left me with redness that lasted for hours and swelling that lasted for a couple of days.  My skin does not tolerate waxing the sensitive areas of my face very well. Usually I have my brows waxed every so often for shaping purposes so I have become desensitized in that area, but waxing my upper lip was new. I also usually end up with a few pimples from waxing due to the irritation and this was no exception.  Also, I the lack of hair on my upper lip felt very strange.  The hairs above the upper lip over the philtrum serve to help keep sweat and nasal discharge away from the lips.  It felt like the area was still swollen but it wasn't.  When I don't have hair there I find myself touching the smooth area more just because it feels odd (Weird I know but I can't help it.)

I was reading a blog one day that mentioned the Avon Skin So Soft Facial Hair Remover Cream and I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did because it works. It is a cream depilatory that does have a chemical smell but it does not burn my skin. I will feel a slight tingling after about 10 minutes and that's how I know it's time to remove it. I have to put globs of it on and leave it on longer than is recommended but the results are wonderful. I do not get pimples after using this cream. Plus, I only have to use it about once every two weeks to keep my mustache at bay.

Well, my dreams of competing in Whisker Wars my be over, but at least I have a smooth upper lip.

You can purchase this product at avon.com

Comments

Popular Posts