Weekly Sample Selections #3

clear scalp & and hair therapy total care nourishing shampoo

So this post is a day late and a dollar short but it's been a really hectic week.

First up is Clear Total Care Nourishing Shampoo which is an all in one clarifying and moisturizing shampoo. The brand Clear is all about scalp health which is something most people take for granted. As some ad somewhere said "Beautiful hair starts at the source," which is your scalp. I have oily skin so I need a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the residual sebum, dead skin cells, and product buildup; Products stick to oily hair and weight it down.  This product works really well at clarifying hair while not totally stripping it of moisture.  I used to wash my hair everyday before I started processing my hair, but now I only wash it a couple of times a week and this works well to keep it clean.  I definitely recommend this product.

You can find out more about this product at clearhaircare.com.

jouer lip enhancer conditioning lip treatment

Next is the Jouer Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment. My lip have been really chapped lately so any type of lip treatment is welcomed. The Lip Enhancer is a sheer pink tinted, silky smooth, treatment for lips that is supposed to enhance lips over time. You are supposed to use it at least three times a day for 30 days to see the full benefit. I have not used it for that long, but I can tell you that my lips feel better already. This would be a good product to take on an airplane to combat the dry air inside the cabin. The pink tint is natural but looks healthy, like your lips but better.  I will definitely be buying a full size of this product.

You can find out more about this product at jouercosmetics.com

lavanila laboritories the healthy deodorant vanilla lavender

Lately I have been using this sample size from Sephora of the Lavanila Laboritories Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Lavender. This deodorant is formulated without Aluminum and Parabens;  The main ingredients seem to be aloe and corn starch. My mom has used plain corn starch for years to prevent sweating and chaffing.

So far I have had really good results with this deodorant. It lasts for at least eight hours without me being able to smell myself and it is comfortable to apply; The consistency is just like a regular anti-perspirant deodorant which I like because it just smooths on, but the essential oils keep it from clumping and flaking. So far this is the best natural deodorant I have ever tried and I will definitely be buying a full size. It is pricey for a deodorant but I think it's worth it due to the health benefits. 

The only con about this deodorant is that it leaks for some reason. One day I picked it up to use it and found a puddle of it on my dresser; Weird right? It is a solid so I don't understand why it does this. The only explanation I can think of is that you have to twist it up out of the container to use it and then twist it back down so that you can fit the lid back over it; Maybe the oils are getting pressed out of the container when you do this. Perhaps it's just a design flaw with the packaging.

You can find out more about this product at lavanila.com.

chanel inimitable intense multi-dimensionel mascara

I received a sample of the Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara with the Les Beiges powder and proceeded to apply it this morning. I have used another sample of this before, so this is my second test of this product. Chanel claims that this mascara does it all, volumize, lengthen, curl, and separate lashes for multi-dimensional effect; It does just that. While this is a really lovely mascara I still prefer my Dior Iconic Overcurl. This is a really nice alternative so if you are a fan of Chanel go ahead and give this one a try.

You can find out more about this product at chanel.com.

betsey johnson too too pretty eau de parfum

The fragrance that I have been reaching for the most this summer has been my sample of Betsey Johnson Too Too Pretty. I love the design of the full size bottle but I am not much of a perfume person and I don't buy perfume often if ever. I do receive a lot of fragrance samples which work well for me because I am so fickle.

betsey johnson too too pretty eau de parfum

This sample comes with a mini spray type bottle which is nice because you don't have to worry about pulling the stopper out only to have it spill everywhere.

"Too Too Pretty speaks to the girl who is radiant, charming, and confident. Vibrant fruity and floral scents infuse with soft musks and woods to create a fragrance that remains true to Betsey’s forever playful attitude."

I definitely pick up the floral notes in this eau de parfum. I really like this scent and it is perfect for a playful summer date.

You can found out more about this product at sephora.com.

Comments

Popular Posts