Welcome Back and What's New


Hello my lovelies! Fall is here with the kids back in school, new fashion trends, the leaves are turning beautiful shades of amber and red while we harvest the spoils of the summer.


I have finally returned from my "break" which wasn't really a break but a time to catch up on all of the other things in my life that were being neglected. I always end up scheduling too many to-dos into too short of a time frame, but if we don't set goals nothing will get accomplished right?

So what's new?

During the "break" I was busy trying to improve this blog site in order to make it easier to navigate.

I changed the look of the blog to make it more streamline. I like the nice clean black, white, grey editorial look because it highlights the information by giving the eyes a visual cue of where to look. The pink links give it a pop of color and let you know where you have been.  The grey image borders have a nice symmetry about them, but I'm not sure I'm in love with them because they slightly detract from the images.


I revamped the social icons a bit by changing the colors, making them smaller, and adding alt titles so you know what you are clicking on.


I added Google Friend Connect to the site.  I don't personally use it much, but others do so you might find that useful.


I added the DISQUS app to the comments section because I really like this app and I felt it would be useful for those that like to keep track of their social commentary.


A new Google Plus Page.  I apologize to anyone who was following using the old page but I had to delete it and make a new one that would connect to this blog.  I was having nothing but problems with the old one so hopefully this one will work out.  I don't use Google+ that much except for updates.  Does anyone use Google+?  You can access the page by clicking on the g+ heart icon at the top of the page.

There is now a view counter at the bottom for any possible sponsors who might be interested in site traffic information.


Kendrix Loves now has a P.O. Box so y'all can send me some mail!  Check out the Contact page for details.

And of course there is a new giveaway for September! I am hosting it through Facebook this time because I finally figured out how to do that (it took an entire evening but I did it!)  See the Julep Nail Wardrobe Giveaway for details.

Upcoming Projects

Some things that I have been working on that you can look forward to seeing on the blog are:
  • Hauls; Yes, there are tons of items to review so I may end up doing condensed or summary posts.  Do you like haul posts?  Sometimes I feel like it's bragging, which is not my intention, but I myself love to see haul posts and haul videos; It's like shopping your friends secret stash without the secret part.
  • DIY nail polish racks; I have finally decided on how I want to make them and I will post the tutorial and pics once they are done.
  • Better photographs; I purchased a DSLR and a Macro lens in order to bring you better photos once I learn how to use it (it's a lot more complicated than I thought it would be.)
  • Makeup and nail art tutorials;  I know I have been promising these for a long time but I may finally have a camera that can take the right pictures to make these happen.
  • Graphics; It has been a looooong time since I have used Photoshop so I am taking some classes to brush up on my skills and learns the new version.
  • Swatch gallery

On a personal note...

I have been dealing with a lot of personal issues lately surrounding my family and work schedules. A lot of things happened all of a sudden that require most of my attention and therefore I will not be able to update the blog as frequently as I had in the past or even as frequently as I would like to. Until these issues resolve and my work load lightens I will be posting much less. I will try to post at least once a week in the meantime.

Fall Leaves image source tintonfalls.com

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you like the rack I am working on; It's taking longer than I thought it would but it should be up within the next couple of weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really familiar haha, in my line of work we have the rule of 3, everything takes at least 3 times longer than planned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts