Julep Maven September Box Opening Part I

julep maven september 2013 collection upgrade box opening

While organizing my hauls for an upcoming post, I found two Julep Maven boxes that I completely forgot to review. So, I am going to review them late.


Because there are so many items in a Julep Maven box, I have decided that from now on I am going to break the box openings into two posts, new products and nail polish.

julep maven september 2013 collection quote card

Here is the monthly quote card for some inspiration.

julep maven september 2013, julep bare face cleansing oil

The first product in the September box is the Bare Face Cleansing Oil.  Julep upgraded their packaging recently by adding some embellishments.  On the side of the cleansing oil box there are some embossed bubbles which are pretty.

julep maven september 2013, julep bare face cleansing oil

The cleansing oil feels nice and gentle on the skin.  To use, you pump the product into your hand and then smooth it over your face and leave for a minute so it can dissolve dirt and makeup.  Then you rinse it off;  Simple.  I needed about three pumps of product to cover my face.  The cleansing oil left my skin feeling clean, not oily or greasy ( I have combination/oily skin.) My skin did not feel tight or dry after using this product.

I tested this product once by itself and once with the Konjac sponge. It is nice either way, but I liked the extra cleansing and exfoliating power of the two products used together.

julep maven september 2013, julep konjac sponge

The Konjac sponge is made from a Japanese root and is supposed to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.  You have to keep it slightly moist which is why there is condensation inside the plastic package (It was already moistened.)

julep maven september 2013, julep konjac sponge

The sponge can be used by itself or with your favorite cleanser. I tested it once by itself and once with the cleansing oil. It is very soft and gentle on the skin unlike those drugstore exfoliating sponges (buff puff.)  My skin felt soft and clean after using it, but I prefer using it with the cleansing oil.  When you are done using it you can hang it to dry from the attached string on the little hook that came with it;  You just suction it to your bathroom mirror.

julep maven september 2013, julep blank canvas mattifying face primer

The last product in this box is the face primer.  It comes in a box with a shiny metallic side with a mirror design.  I definitely like these new fancy boxes.

julep maven september 2013, julep blank canvas mattifying face primer

The mattifying face primer works well to prevent shine during the day. I used it alone on my face one day and it kept me shine free for about five hours. The next day I used it under my makeup and it held up well for about six hours.  It has a slightly thick consistency which is typical of primers. I was a bit surprised that the tube was not hermetically sealed because usually Julep products are sealed. I was disappointed with that.

You can purchase these products at www.julep.com

Comments

Popular Posts