Julep Spooky Sets: The Bogeyman

julep halloween spooky sets the bogeyman nail art set

Just in time for Halloween I received one of Julep's Spooky Sets in The Bogeyman.  It is the perfect set to decorate your tips with for a spooky night of candy and fun.


The Bogeyman set includes:
Three nail polishes in Marjorie - orange frost, Cleopatra - black latex, and Nicolette - opaque white creme
Black Skull scarf
White Snake ring
... also water decals and candy corn as extras

julep halloween spooky sets the bogeyman nail art set, julep black skull scarf

Both I and The Bean really like the black skull scarf, but she prefers to use it as a blanket.  Julep offered the same or a similar scarf last year in the Halloween mystery box but I ended up with the water decals (this was before you could sort of choose what you get.)  It is better quality than I was expecting and will be the perfect accessory for Halloween or Dia de los muertos.

julep halloween spooky sets the bogeyman nail art set, julep white snake ring

The white snake ring is too large for me personally; I wear a size 6 and this ring is like a size 8 or 9.  I wore it to work anyway, on my thumb, and received lots of compliments except everyone thought it was a fish for some reason.  It is pretty sturdy and isn't cheap looking or feeling.  I just wish it was adjustable.

julep halloween spooky sets the bogeyman nail art set, julep halloween decals, alex cole nail art decals

I got these same water nail art decals in the mystery box last year, but more for free is always nice.  These decals are made by Alex Cole and you can purchase from her Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/alex2cole

julep halloween spooky sets the bogeyman nail art set, julep halloween nail art decals

This was my first time using water decals and it takes some practice.  The first one I did was the little haunted house on my ring finger and as you can see it came out weird because I left it in the water for too long and the ink started to wash away (you have to be quick with these.)  I painted my nails with two coats of Marjorie over Julep Basecoat and let that dry before applying the decals.  I found that smoothing the decals on the nail with the flat end of my tweezers worked better than using my fingers.  After applying the decals I waited about two minutes for them to dry before applying Julep Freedom Top Coat.  I am not sure what part of the process went wrong because they looked fine before I added the top coat.  For some reason I ended up with nail polish shrinkage on the tips and wrinkling around the decals.

julep halloween spooky sets the bogeyman nail art set, halloween nail art, julep cleopatra, julep nicolette, julep marjorie

And on my "Cinderella hand" is my sad attempt at Halloween nail art.  This was my first time using striper brushes, but it actually came out better than I expected.  From left to right, on my pinky I was going for mummy bandages but I do not know what I ended up with ha ha, on my ring finger is a spider web, on my middle finger is a crooked pumpkin of which I used a dotting tool for the eyes, on my pointer is a ghost made with a dotting tool, and on my thumb is the black latex polish by itself.  I painted these over Julep Base Coat and and sealed them with the Julep Freedom Top Coat which smudged the ghost.  The trick is not to brush over the same area twice.

You can purchase this set through Halloween at www.julep.com

FTC Disclaimer: All items were purchased.

Comments

Popular Posts