Weekly Sample Selections #7

kendrix loves samples weekly sample selections #7
It's finally time for some samples!


I finally found the time to test some samples and get them up on the blog. I am trying out a new photo format and I hope you like it.

boscia bb cream bronze sample review
Boscia B.B. Cream Bronze

Free sample with purchase from Sephora

I already had the full size of the regular Boscia BB Cream to compare to this one.  The swatch for the Bronze is much darker than the regular BB cream.  I blended them out on my arm in the second swatch and as you can see the finish is the same only darker.  They both have shimmer in them which is not something I prefer but it looks nice in the summer sun.  The consistency of the BB Cream Bronze was slightly more creamy than the regular BB Cream.  There is no detectable scent in this product.  Unfortunately, this is way too dark for me;  I think this would look best on medium to dark skin tones.

Pros: Safe for sensitive skin; fragrance free; bronzing
Cons: may be too dark for lighter skin tones

You can find out more about this product at www.boscia.com.

urban decay moondust eyeshadow sample review

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow (Moonspoon)

Free sample with purchase from Sephora

This sample was quite disappointing.  It included a card with the Moondust shade Moonspoon, a contour shade Desperation, and eyeshadow primer.  Desperation is a "grayish taupe brown matte-satin" and Moonspoon is a "medium grey with w/bright silver sparkle."  I first applied Desperation in the outer corners then blended it up into the crease and smudged it underneath my lower lashes.  Then I applied Moonspoon over the lid and about half way up the crease.  I am not wearing mascara in these photos.

As you can see there was a lot of fall-out from Moonspoon.  It barely shows up on the lid and I packed on the entire sample using a gentle patting motion to try and prevent fall-out, but alas sparkles ended up all over my face anyway.  This look is too neutral for my taste.  I am hoping that the full-size is better than the sample because this does not live up to the hype.

Pros: subtle sparkle for a more neutral look
Cons: sparkle fall-out; not enough sparkle/shimmer

You can find out more about this product at www.urbandecay.com.

ysl rouge volupte shine sample review

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Shine
Free sample with purchase from Sephora

No.6 Pink Devotion - "bright hibiscus pink"

No.12 Corail Incandescent - "bright cajun coral"

No.13 Pink in Paris - "dried rose pink"


These were nice and moisturizing.  They are sheer but buildable and they leave behind a stain on the lips.  Pink Devotion is a nice bright pink, Corail Incandescent is an orange-red based coral (it looks super pink in the photo but it is more orange in real life), Pink in Paris is a neutral pink.  I like how the sample came with a little brush for application.  I was worried about it at first because it looked flimsy but it applied the colors nicely.  These colors are good for a variety of situations that range from day to night.

Pros: moisturizing; leave a color stain
Cons: leave a color stain

You can find out more about this product at www.sephora.com.

guerlain cils d'enfer maxi lash sample review

Guerlain Cils D'Enfer Maxi Lash Mascara (01 noir - black)

Free sample with purchase from Sephora

I did not curl my lashes prior to using this mascara in order to give you an accurate portrayal of how this product works on its own.  Maxi Lash adds definition, length, and volume but not quite as much volume as I normally like.  I'm sure I could achieve better results by curling my lashes prior to using it.  It is supposed to curl lashes as well, but it did not curl my lashes.

Pros: defines; lengthens; volumizes
Cons: expensive

You can find out more about this product at www.guerlain.com.

marc jacobs honey eau de parfum spray sample review

Marc Jacobs Honey eau de parfum spray

Free sample with purchase from Sephora

I was excited to try this perfume because I love honey and the full size bottle is absolutely adorable.  While this is a nice scent and I have been using it often, it has that sort of sweet cloying scent that you find in inexpensive perfumes;  It does not smell like "honey" to me.  It is nice, but not something I plan on purchasing once the sample is gone.

Fragrance Notes: Pear, Juicy Mandarin, Orange Blossom, Peach Nectar, Apricot, Honeysuckle, Honey, Golden Vanilla, Smooth Woods.

You can find out more about this product at www.sephora.com.

Comments

Popular Posts