Weekly Sample Selections #8

kendrix loves samples


This weeks round of samples includes some products to help make the transition from summer to fall.

safonique natural lavender sea laundry detergent sample review

Safonique Lavender Sea Laundry Detergent
Sample from Eco Emi Subscription Box

Safonique is an eco-friendly laundry detergent that uses naturally derived, plant based ingredients and essential oils to cleanse clothing.  It is biodegradable, hypoallergenic and safe for all water temperatures.  The full size product is 2X concentrated and should last 32 loads.

There were no instructions on how to use this product, amount per load etc., so I just had to take a guess on how much I needed to use in my washing machine per laundry load.  On the front label it says that 4 oz. equals 2 loads so I split my laundry into two loads and poured half the bottle into the detergent loader for each one;  The sample is not marked concentrated.  This product is marked safe for Top and Front loading washing machines;  I use a front loading High Efficiency washing machine.  

I was worried that I was going to end up with suds everywhere but I was pleasantly surprised with how well this worked for a natural product.  I normally use Trader Joe's Liquid Laundry Detergent and this product is very similar in usage.  Safonique cleansed my clothes very well and left a pleasant lavender scent that lingered after they were dry, more so than the Trader Joe's brand.

It was hard to find information about Safonique as both the brand website lacks product information and availability.  I found that Wal-Mart carries the product on its website and has more information, but even that is limited.  There is no specific information about the ingredients as they are described vaguely as "cleansing agents derived from coconut oil and palm kernels" and "builders* are from sugar, baking soda, natural oils and natural enzymes" but the exact ingredients are not listed. "*Builders improve the quality of water which allows Safonique to work more efficiently."

Pros: natural ingredients; eco-friendly; hypoallergenic
Cons: limited availability; limited brand information

A full size package of Safonique Lavender Sea Laundry Detergent retails for $5.97 USD.

You can find out more about this product at www.walmart.com.

couture colour pequi oil treatment sample review

Couture Colour Pequi Oil Treatment
Sample from MyGlam Subscription Box

Pequi is an oil produced from the edible "souari nut" and is used for cooking in Brazil.  You apply this product through hair to moisturize, prevent frizz and flyaways, and add shine.  It is supposed to absorb instantly and be virtually weightless. "Dull, damaged hair is 600% stronger with a 250% improvement in shine after one application."

I do not think my results were that dramatic after one use, but I do like this better than other smoothing treatments I have used.  You only need a couple of drops, any more than that is too much.  Once dry it does not feel greasy and it does not weigh down hair.  I have long, fine hair and an oily scalp and this product works for me.  When I check out the website it seems that people are having trouble ordering this product as it has been out of stock for a while.

Pros: prevents frizz and flyaways; adds shine
Cons: limited availability

A 1 oz. bottle  of Pequi Oil Treatment retails for $20.00 USD.

You can find out more about this product at www.couturecolour.com.

vichy laboratoires liftactiv retinol ha sample review

vichy laboratoires liftactive retinol ha night eye sample review

Vichy Laboratoires LiftActiv Retinol HA
Includes: LiftActiv Retinol HA Night & LiftActiv Retinol HA Eyes
I honestly cannot remember where I got this from :-(

Vichy claims that the addition of the ingredient Adenosine helps boost the effectiveness of the Retinol for fast acting results.  These are products where you need to have deluxe samples as well as the other products in the line to get the full picture.  The brochure states "Visible results in 4 days, not 4 weeks."  Because I was given one sample for the night cream and eye cream each, I was only able to test for 1 day instead of 4 so I cannot fully attest to its effectiveness.   

Both the night cream and the eye cream had a light whipped creme texture and there was no discernible scent.  I used both products overnight on my face and eyes and I did see somewhat of a visible result in the morning.  However, this result was not exactly positive.  I noticed that my forehead lines were MORE prominent than they had been the night before.  I am not sure if that means the Retinol is really working or what?  My eye area looked normal.

Pros:  anti-aging; works fast
Cons: results may vary

A 1 oz. container of Vichy LiftActiv Retinol HA Night retails for $47.50 USD.
A 0.50 oz. container of Vichy LiftActive Retinol HA Eye retails for $42.50 USD.

You can find out more about this product at www.vichyusa.com.

naiad soap arts throw back tin slider lip balm french vanilla

Naiad Soap Arts Throw Back Tin Slider Lip Balm in French Vanilla
Sample from Eco Emi Subscription Box

This lip balm tin comes in a fun blue color in a super cute retro tin and tastes like vanilla.  It has lots of moisturizing ingredients like Mango Butter and Olive Oil.  These lip balms come in variety of yummy flavors.  I don't usually prefer lip balm in a tin, but when I do I prefer Naiad Soap Arts Throw Back Sliders.

Pros: cute packaging; moisturizing
Cons: if you prefer tubes over tins

A Naiad Soap Arts Throw Back Tin Slider Lip Balm retails for $6.00 USD.

You can find out more about this product at www.naiadsoaparts.com.

the republic of tea pumpkin spice black tea

The Republic of Tea Pumpkin Spice Tea
Free sample with mail order catalog from The Republic of Tea

This tea tastes like fall in a cup and it smells AMAZING!  I sat for a while and just breathed it in before actually drinking it...mmmmm.  You can definitely taste and smell the spices.  You could probably use this to make your own black tea latte at home too;  Maybe I will post a recipe.

Pros: tastes good; smells good; eco-friendly
Cons: it's not caffeine free for those who don't like or want it

A tin contains 50 tea bags and retails for $11.50 USD.

You can find out more about this product at www.republicoftea.com.

Comments

Popular Posts