Weekly Sample Selections #9



cotz face skincare the healthier sunscreen natural skin tone sample review

CoTZ Face - The Healthier Sunscreen in Natural Skin Tone

Sample with purchase from Ulta

This sunscreen is exactly as described: silky soft, blends translucent, and has a sheer matte finish.  It is non-irritating, water resistant, and can be used as a makeup base.  The closest thing I can think of that is similar in texture to this product is the L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Face Primer, only this is thinner.  It is so lightweight that I had trouble seeing and feeling where I was applying it on my face.  Even though the sunscreen is tinted, once it hit my skin I could not see it.  The natural skin tone is supposed to be a universal shade for fair to dark skin tones.  I like that it is a high SPF of 40 using minerals and non-chemical sunscreens. It did not irritate my skin or burn my eyes during the day.  Best of all, it wore for ten hours without making me shiny/oily.  I was just blown away by this product.  I will definitely be purchasing this product.

Pros: silky soft texture, good for all skin tones, non-irritating, broad spectrum sun protection, water resistant, good for sensitive skin, oil-free, preservative free, matte finish prevents oily/shiny face
Cons: the soft texture gets lost on the skin during application

This product retails for $19.99.

You can find out more about this product at www.cotzskincare.com

tresemme hair care split remedy shampoo sample review, tresemme hair care split remedy conditioner sample review

TRESemme Split Remedy Shampoo & Conditioner

Free sample from Target Beauty Bag

This shampoo and conditioner set are supposed to prevent split ends and breakage.  You are supposed to use them three times in order to start seeing results.  They have a mild fruity floral scent.  The first time I used the shampoo, I noticed that when I applied it to my hair it became quite sticky, like it was hard to spread it around.  I'm not sure if that is because of the strengthening ingredients in it that are supposed to coat the hair follicles so they do not break, or what?  The second and third time using it was easier, maybe because my hair was more used to it.  The conditioner felt normal and was moisturizing.  Since I do not have split ends I suppose they are working.

Pros: prevents split ends, moisturizing
Cons: application issues

These product retail for about $5.00 each (price varies per retailer)

You can find out more about this product at www.drugstore.com

sumbody salt scrub review

Sumbody Salt Scrub Bon Bon

gift

I got this from a friend so this is kind of cheating as far as samples go.  This product is a ball of body butter with salt scrub in it.  It is supposed to last for three washes, but it lasted me five washes.  You smooth it on arms, legs, anywhere that needs some TLC.  I have no idea what scent this is because it is not marked, but it has a nice creamy, milky scent;  They come in a variety of scents.  It was really moisturizing, like a body butter, and it made my skin smooth to the touch.  This would make a nice luxurious little gift for someone.

Pros: moisturizing, exfoliating
Cons: expensive for the amount of product

This product retails for $4.50.

You can find out more about this product at sumbody.com

vita care multicare toothpaste cool mint acai sample review

Vita Care Multicare Toothpaste - Cool Mint Freshness + Acai

Sample from Eco Emi Subscription Box

This is a natural toothpaste formulated without fluoride, parabens, pthalates, petrochemicals, SLS, sulfates, artificial colors and flavors, and artificial sweeteners.  The company does not test on animals.  This toothpaste will do everything a normal toothpaste does like clean and whiten teeth and keep gums healthy.  I have never tried a toothpaste that is not simply mint flavor before and this is definitely different.  At first I did not like the Acai flavor, but I got used to it after a few weeks of using it;  Now I don't even notice it.  For a natural toothpaste I am impressed.  I would probably purchase a tube.

Pros: natural, no animal testing, cleans and whitens teeth, promotes healthy gums
Cons: flavor may not be to everyone's liking

This product retails for about $5.00 (price varies per retailer)

You can find out more about this product at www.drugstore.com

greens plus organic superfood dietary supplement stick review

Greens+ Organic Superfood

brand demo handout at grocery store

This is a certified organic dietary food supplement that is a blend of green foods, superfruits, and sea vegetables.  It is meant to be mixed with 8 oz. cold water in the Greens Plus Shaker Cup (which I do not own), in order to make like a green juice drink.  This is for people who do not get enough nutrients in their diet or eat enough fruits and/or greens.  It can also be for anyone who just wants to boost their immunity or detox.

The powder is dark green so when you mix it with water the drink is green.  I mixed it with a spoon because I do not own the shaker cup.  The cup probably mixes the powder better than a spoon although I honestly can't see the point of using the shaker cup with one of these sticks because the point is that it is supposed to be portable and who wants to carry the cup around.  The powder does not mix very well with a spoon and was still visible in the water.  The drink tastes quite sweet, like sugar, which I was not expecting but there is a fishy aftertaste that I just cannot stomach;  It smells really fishy too.  The aftertaste was so bad that I just could not finish the drink;  I drank about half of it in two sips.  When I poured it out in the sink I noticed that much of the powder had settled at the bottom of the cup making me wonder how effective the drink is if most of it is not being swallowed.  Since I do not own the shaker cup, I cannot attest to how this product works based on the recommended usage, but based on my own experience it was not pleasant.

Pros: nutrition supplement, body detox, immune system booster
Cons: tastes bad, does not mix well with water

A 30-day supply powder retails for $29.95 and a 15-day supply of stick packs retails for $19.95.

You can find out more about this product at greensplus.com

Comments

Popular Posts