Fall Skincare Routine

simple skincare products, fall skincare routine

During the colder months my skin becomes less oily and more dry. I change my skincare routine each season to acclimate and during the fall I use more gentle and moisturizing products.


simple skincare products, fall skincare routine

My current skincare routine includes mostly products from Simple Skincare, a brand that makes products for sensitive skin.  I have been using most of these products for the last couple of months with pretty good results.

Because I have acne-prone skin I am using the Simple Skincare Foaming Cleanser which uses "Pro-Vitamin B5 to remove impurities and remaining traces of makeup."  I normally use facial cleansers with some type of acids to exfoliate and remove impurities.  It took my skin about a month to get used to how gentle this cleanser is before it stopped making me break out.

After the cleanser I use the Simple Skincare Soothing Facial Toner, morning and night.  It uses vitamins to balance the skin's PH to keep it from drying out.  It is very gentle and moisturizing.

In the morning I use the Simple Skincare Revitalizing Eye Roll-on to moisturize and de-puff my under eye area.  The metal roller ball and cucumber produce a cooling sensation that tightens the under eye area and helps to wake you up, plus the rolling motion helps drain fluid to de-puff.  At night I use the Simple Skincare Soothing Eye Balm to relax and soothe tired eyes.  It is moisturizing on dry tired eyes.

During the day I wear the Simple Skincare Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15.  It is light and non-irritating so it does not make me break out.  It does have a heavy sunscreen odor but that is because the brand does not use masking fragrances;  Fragrances are one of the most irritating ingredients in products so I usually look for fragrance free skincare products.

When I have acne spots on my face I use Mario Badescue Drying Lotion to make them disappear quickly.  I have been using this for a couple of years now and I love this product.  Kate Sommerville makes a similar product but this does the same thing for cheaper.

Once a week I use the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Facial Peel-Off Cucumber Mask.  I was surprised at how well this mask works.  You get noticeable results with tighter, clearer pores.  It also leaves skin feeling refreshed and clean.  My skin does feel a little bit tight after using this product.

And lastly, after all my skincare products I make sure to moisturize my lips with a lip balm.  Currently I am using the Naiad Soap Arts Throw Back Tin Slider in French Vanilla which uses all natural ingredients.

So those are the products I have been using to keep my skin clear and moisturized this season even though it has yet to really turn cold.  I live in Northern California where the weather is temperate with cold mornings and warm afternoons.  Indian Summer is taking it's sweet time to end.

FTC Disclaimer: All items were purchased.

Comments

  1. I've been using the cucumber peel-off mask for years, it's so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it as much as I do :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts