Weekly Sample Selections #10



For those new to these type of posts, the Weekly Sample Selections feature reviews of a handful of samples obtained from various sources.

jouer luminizing moisture tint sample review

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint in golden

Sample from Birchbox subscription box

Looking at this tiny sample size tube, I did not think there was going to be enough product to cover my face;  Thankfully I was wrong.  There was more than enough to cover my face and then layer over trouble spots.  The color, golden, is just slightly darker than my skin tone giving my face a sun-kissed warmth.  The color did not make me appear orange, just a tiny bit more tan looking.  There is a fair amount of glitter, but it is very fine and makes the skin glow instead of sparkle.  I was happy to see that my skin appeared to glow from within instead of looking oily.  The finish is natural looking and made me look healthy and awake.

Pros: sun protection; hypoallergenic; noncomedogenic; anti-aging ingredients; imparts a healthy glow
Cons: may be too expensive for some

This product retails for $38.00 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.jouercosmetics.com

lancome paris genifique youth activating concentrate sample review

Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate

Free sample from Lancome Cosmetics Counter

After one day of using this product I could see results.  After seven days, my skin is smoother and brighter.  This product does delivers on its claims.

Pros: smoother, softer skin;  adds luminosity to skin
Cons: very expensive

1 oz. product retails for $82.00 USD 

You can find out more about this product at www.lancome-usa.com

metropolis soap company vegan artisan soap sample review

Metropolis Soap Co. Vegan Artisan Soap in orange, clove, and cinnamon

Sample from Eco Emi Subscription Box

This soap smells delicious!  It is the perfect scent for this time of year.  This product is marked as safe for face and body, but I do not like to use fragranced items on my face and I do not like to use Shea Butter on my body so I am using it as a hand soap. It leaves my hands soft and moisturized.  After washing, I keep sniffing my hands because they smell so good.

Pros: smells good; moisturizing
Cons: may not be suitable for people with fragrance sensitivities

This product retails for $7.99 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.metropolissoap.com

urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil smoke sample review

urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil smoke sample review

urban decay 24/7 glide on eye pencil smoke sample review

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Smoke

Sample with purchase from Sephora

These eye pencils have achieved cult status for a reason;  They are creamy, do not tug or pull on the delicate eye area, are bendable, waterproof and last for hours.  The color Smoke is versatile as you can use it to define eyes during the day and blend it out for a smokey night look.  I blended the color over my lid then lined my upper and lower lash lines and waterlines.  It looks a bit harsh to line the lower lash line with this, so I would only line the waterline for a normal night look and reserve the former for a special occasion.

Pros: gentle; bendable; waterproof; long-lasting
Cons: color is too dark for lower lash line

This product retails for $19.00 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.urbandecay.com

the republic of tea caramel apple red tea sample review

The Republic of Tea Caramel Apple Red Tea

Free sample with mail order catalog

Extremely tasty and reminds me of home and the holidays.  As soon as you brew a cup, you can smell the sweet caramel and spices.  The red tea is caffeine-free. The Republic of Tea recommends drinking this as a desert tea.  This would be something fun to offer up to guests after a holiday feast.

Pros: tastes good; smells good; caffeine-free
Cons: everyone's taste differs, so you may not like this flavor

This product retails for $10.00 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.republicoftea.com

Comments

Popular Posts