Weekly Sample Selections #12



For those new to the Weekly Sample Selections, each week I feature reviews of a handful of samples obtained from various sources.


Hourglass Tinted Moisturizer (Ivory)

Sample with purchase from Sephora

First of all, the color Ivory is too light for me and washed me out, but the tinted moisturizer was great.  It offers light to medium coverage which was surprising;  It is more like a BB cream than a tinted moisturizer.  The finish gives skin a radiance that looks natural.  The only thing is that it has a wet consistency that does not dry during wear.  Every time I touched my skin it felt like I had just applied this product which was strange and took some getting used to.

Pros: gives radiance; more coverage than the average tinted moisturizer
Cons: stays wet/does not completely dry

This product retails for $55.00 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.hourglasscosmetics.com


REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

Sample with purchase from Sephora

I have never had a professional peel or even done one myself at home, so I was a bit scared to try this product.  There is a warning on the package that this is not for sensitive skin and I was very afraid of ending up with a painful red face.  Thankfully, the acids in this mask are much more gentle than I had expected and while I did feel some slight tingling on my face and neck, it was not painful at all.  The consistency of this mask reminds me of marmalade and it smells quite fruity.  It left my face exfoliated and very smooth to the touch.  I think my skin was more sensitive the next morning after using this product so I slathered on extra SPF just in case.

Pros: exfoliates and smooths skin texture; leaves skin looking brighter and healthier
Cons: makes skin more sensitive and prone to sun damage; not for sensitive skin

This product retails for $55.00 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.renskincare.com


eclos Plant Stem Cells Anti-Aging Cellular Activator Face Serum & Regenerative Cream

Samples from MyGlam subscription box service

Because the two products are designed to be used together, I am going to cheat and call them one sample.  The face serum was nice and easy to apply;  It was a little bit thicker than other serums I have used.  Both products have a fairly heavy herbal scent.  The regenerative cream is a thick face cream that left my skin feeling very moisturized.  After using them for about a week, I did notice that my skin texture looked better and healthier.  You can use these products day & night for best results.

Pros: anti-aging; moisturizing
Cons: a bit thick and heavy for acne-prone skin

The face serum retails for $24.99 USD
The regenerative cream retails for $24.99 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.freemanbeauty.com


Crack Leave-in Styling Treatment with Sun & Heat Protection

Sample with purchase from Ulta

Besides the controversially funny name, this leave-in styling treatment protects hair from sun and heat while moisturizing and making it shine;  It helps prevent frizz and flyaways too.  A pea or dime size amount is all you need for long hair.  It has a floral scent and a thick cream texture.  This is great for mornings when you need to save time with an all-in-one product.

Pros: all-in-one product; moisturizes; prevents frizz and flyaways; sun & heat protection; nourishes hair; mends split ends; makes hair shine
Cons: the name might turn some people off

This product retails for $19.95 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.folica.com


The Republic of Tea Chai Black Tea

Sample with mail order catalog

This tea tastes and smells good.  It is not as strong as other Chai teas that I have tried so if you don't like your tea strong that could be a selling point.  I could taste and smell a lot of licorice in this one which is not something I particularly like in a tea.  I prefer cloves and anise to be the strong point in this type of tea.

Pros: light Chai black tea; tastes and smells good
Cons: not very strong; heavy on the licorice

50 tea bags in a tin retail for $10.00 USD

You can find out more about this product at www.republicoftea.com

Comments

Popular Posts