Annual Product Purge 2014

Annual Product Purge 2014

Each year I try and round up products that I either don't like or do not use and get rid of them.  I have a large collection and keeping extra products just makes it harder to find the products that I do like and do use.  I also get rid of products that are not empty but past their prime and/or past their expiration date.  This is going to be another quick review style post with a couple sentences or less about each product.

Lipsticks & Lip Stains Purge 2014

Lipsticks & Stains

  • e.l.f cosmetics Matte Lip Color (Coral/matte finish) - This one is weird; swatched on my hand it is a pinky coral, but on my lips it disappears.  It turns into a sheer color that is the same color as my lips but it does dry matte.
  • Lorac Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick (Trendsetter/pearl? finish) - The color is a dusty pink that is a nice neutral but the formula is too thick and gloppy giving me goop mouth when I talk.
  • Love & Beauty by Forever 21 (Nude/frost finish) - The color is a frosty pinky nude that reminds me of middle school and not in a good way.  It is also very drying;  I have to layer a balm underneath before applying.  Thankfully this only cost $1.
  • Josie Maran Magic Marker Lip & Cheek Stain (Jitterbug/stain) - This came in a MyGlam Bag and is a hot pink stain.  My lips are naturally pigmented so it mutes the hot pink into a wearable rosy pink.  This is probably my favorite stain product but it's old and dried out.  Too bad the shade is discontinued.  I never used it on my cheeks.
  • Mirenesse Lip Bomb Glossy Lacquer Stain (#9/glossy) - This came in a MyGlam Bag and is a light pink that verges on nude and just looks strange on me.
  • NYX Cosmetics Round Case Lipstick (Chloe/pearl finish) - This came in a MyGlam Bag and while it is a pretty fuchsia color with blue shimmer/shift, it is definitely bold and I never found the right occasion to wear it.
  • NYX Cosmetics Round Case Lipstick (Orange Soda/cream finish) - I saw Michelle Phan use this in a video that I tried to copy in vain.  The color looks like concealer on me, but she said you can mix it with other colors to mute them.  In the end that was too much work for lazy me.
  • Pixi Lip Blush (No.1 Youth/stain) - This is supposed to be bright pink on the lips but on application disappears into my natural lip color.  The pigment is too weak/sheer and the product is drying.
  • Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick (Foxy Brown/frost finish) - Another MyGlam Bag fail that is just not my color.  I tried to find a look that would work with this but in the end I never used it.

Lipglosses

Lipglosses

  • Ecotints Naturally Glistening Lip Moisturizer (coralyte) - This came in an Eco Emi Box and is not technically a lip gloss but a shiny balm.  The metallic red based copper color is great for fall.  It's just really old and drying out.
  • Jane Sparkle Gloss (sparkle pink) - a hot pink gloss that came in a MyGlam Bag.  It's nice but the color is a bit too bold for my liking.
  • Stila Sparkle Luxe Gloss (bling) - dissapointing;  this is just a clear gloss with pink sparkles in it that don't even show up on the lips AND it only lasts for about 10 minutes before you have to reapply. Thankfully I got this at a discounted price on Hautelook.
  • Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss Sheer Color (starfruit) - This is one of my favorite lip glosses which came in a limited edition set; it's just really old.  I wish they had a full size of this shade for sale.
  • Smashbox Reflection High Shine Lip Gloss (clear?) - This is just an old Sephora sample that is a clear gloss with lots of white glitter/shimmer in it.
  • Too Faced Glamour Gloss (2 Barely Legal and Flirt) - I got these as gifts with purchase. The texture is really nice and I like the colors, but they are really old and starting to smell off so out they go.

e.l.f. cosmetics glitter mascaras

Mascaras

These e.l.f cosmetics mascaras are a huge fail.  They dried out within a month of purchasing them.  Thankfully I got them during a good sale.  I tried to resurrect them with eye drops, but it did not work.  They only apply a little bit of glitter to lashes; just enough to notice if you stand directly in front of the person in sunlight.

Various Product Purge 2014

Various

  • EOS Lip Balm (watermelon) - this lasted a whole year and there is still a lot of product left.  But my rule is lip balms that are used heavily go after a year because of germ buildup.  The watermelon flavor is not as moisturizing as some of the other flavors.
  • La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid - this product has a lot of hype surrounding it, so I say try it for yourself to see if it works for you.  I am going to write a full review of this product so stay tuned.
  • Maybelline Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm (quenched) - this is the clear one and I bought it because I wanted a lip product with high SPF.  It is moisturizing and is great for layering under other lip products.
  • Naiad Soap Arts Lip Balm Tin (french vanilla) - smells good and is moisturizing, but after a year out it goes.
  • Julep DoubleStep Foot Treatment & Friction Stick - I think this worked once before the twist mechanism broke.  The product is nice but if you can't use it ... yeah.
  • 4-Way Nail Buffer - I don't know what brand this, all I remember is that it came in a set from Target.  I have had this for years and it finally started to fall apart.

What are some products you purged this year?

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased.

Comments

Popular Posts