April Empties

April Empties

April was pretty light in the empties category as you will see.  I am not sure why, maybe it's because I have been using full size products for things besides facial care lately.  This is another quick review style post.

Various Empties

Various Empties
  • Epielle Cucumber Cleansing Tissues (30 pre-moistened tissues) - Epielle makes one of my favorite brand of facial wipes for makeup removal.  This one smells like flowers mixed with cucumbers and is soothing on the skin.  These work on waterproof mascara.  See here and here for reviews on other scents.
  • Flower Beauty Extreme Measures Lengthening Mascara (Intense Black) - I like this mascara because it gives a bit of volume with definition, lengthening not so much.  It has a subtle hourglass shaped wand for volumizing.
  • Flower Beauty Lash Knockout Volumizing Mascara (Black) - This mascara did practically nothing and when I mean nothing I mean it looked like I had done virtually nothing with my lashes.  Pigmentation is lacking, it doesn't volumize, lengthen, or define lashes.  I believe that the wands bristles are just too short to work;  The wand is straight with very short bristles.
  • Vichy Laboratories Liftactiv CxP UV Bio-Lifting Daily Care Anti-Wrinkle & Firming SPF20 (deluxe sample) - This was a nice light sunscreen that was slightly moisturizing.

29 by Lydia Mondavi Skincare Collection Starter Kit Empties Review

29 by Lydia Mondavi Skincare Collection Starter Kit:
  • Cream of the Crop Cleanser - you apply this cream cleanser to dry skin to remove makeup and then rinse it off.  It is very gentle and smells really good.  It's hard to define the smell;  It reminds me of Caudalie products where it has sort of an herbal floral scent mixed with grape seed oil.  All the products have this same scent.
  • Replenishing Toner & Pore Purifying Treatment Pads - There are two pads in each packet for a total of six uses here.  The pads are not saturated with product which is unusual but they work.  The pads feel like they have a dry oil in them and leave skin feeling refreshed, not oily.
  • D'Vine Day Cream with Broad Spectrum SPF30 - a moisturizer and SPF in one.  It's light enough for my combination skin.
  • Secret of the Vine Serum Extract - this has the most potent scent of all the products and it smells as if rose was added.  The serum is silky and light.
  • Vineyard Repairing Night Cream - a nice night cream that is not too heavy for my combination skin.

What have you used up recently? Let me know in the comments.

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased, free samples with purchase, or a gift with purchase.

Comments

  1. That Flower Beauty Lash Knockout Volumizing Mascara doesn't sound very promising at all! But you did empty it? I'd have given it away as soon as I didn't find it useful for my lashes. LOL I haven't heard of 29 by Lydia Mondavi brand before. Will look them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt because sometimes mascaras wear well sometimes and bad other times; this was consistently bad. Lydia Mondavi has a luxury skincare line but this is her more affordable line that is exclusive to Target stores.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts