May Empties


I'm back with more empties from May.  I used even less products last month which means I must be getting near the end of my sample stash right?  This is another quick style post with each product review being a couple sentences or less.


May Empties:
  • Bliss Fabulips Softening Lip Balm - this lip balm was not that moisturizing and wore off quickly so I had to keep applying throughout the day which is probably why I used it up so fast.
  • Clinique Turnaround Daytime Revitalizing Moisturizer (golden glow) [deluxe sample] - a nice brightening moisturizer for daytime.
  • Clinique Turnaround Overnight Revitalizing Moisturizer [deluxe sample] - a nice nighttime moisturizer.
  • Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara (Black) [sample] - This mascara gives a good amount of volume while conditioning lashes.  The brush has a slight hourglass shape and the formula is nicely pigmented for dark black lashes.
  • Murad Clarifying Toner - This is the second bottle I have used making this my favorite toner.  It contains witch hazel to tighten pores, algae extract to regulate sebum production, grape seed extract and Vitamin E to protect from free radical damage.  This toner keeps my skin clear of acne without making it too dry.
  • No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water (Normal/Oily) [deluxe sample] - At first I thought this was a micellar water type of product for cleaning the face, but it is too oily for that.  I used it as a simple makeup remover and it works well for that.
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser [deluxe sample] - I have used this cleanser many times over the years because it is easy to travel with.  It is a gel cleanser that is gentle on the skin and I do not always require a moisturizer afterwards which is great when traveling or when pressed for time. 
  • Urban Decay Perversion Mascara [sample] - I could not wait to try a sample of this mascara because of the hype, but unfortunately I did not like it that much.  It does have dark black pigment to give the eyes a lot of definition, but I found it a bit difficult to apply and remove.  For some reason this mascara applies a bit clumpy and takes some work to get it to look just right plus it flakes and smudges onto the under eye area throughout the day.  It is kind of hard to remove even with an oil based makeup remover.


What have you used up recently? Let me know in the comments.

Disclaimer: All items shown were purchased, free samples with purchase, or a gift with purchase.

Comments

  1. My favorite summer beauty product is Bumble and Bumble Sea Spray. It is a spray for your hair that is salty and gives you that post beachy waves to your hair that is so sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that the Murad toner helps with acne! Does it work on hormonal acne, too, I wonder? The Bliss lip balm sounds disappointing. I mostly rely on my trusty Bite Agave Lip Mask when I need an all-day, all-night hydration. It never fails me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Murad toner does help with my hormonal acne. It is probably the best product I have used for it. I will have to try that lip mask :-)

      Delete
  3. Oehh, so many products here that I have not tried yet. How exciting! I really wouldn't mind giving Perversion by UD a try! It sucks though that it is clumpy. We certainly don't want that :O I also want to try more things by Philosophy and the Purity cleanser seems like a good start. Thanks for letting me know!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really love the Philosophy Purity Cleanser. It would be a great place to start with Philosophy brand. I also love their 3-in-1 Shampoo, Shower Gel, and Bubble Baths.

      Delete
  4. Is the Josie Maran Mascara smudgy on you? I have watery eyes and oily eyelids that eat up my eye makeup if they're not waterproof >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have watery eyes and I don't remember this mascara smudging. Hope this helps :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts